Virtual Gallery of selected pieces available for viewing November 1!
Art quilters have taken the traditional form of a quilt and moved it to the wall. Now we ask you to explore pushing the form off the wall into three dimensions. Create art that can stand on its own, hang from the ceiling or has added dimension on the wall. Curated by Andrea Finch
THIS CALL IS FOR AN ONLINE GALLERY
- Open to all SAQA members
- No entry fee (up to 3 entries per artist)
- No size or date restrictions
Because this is a virtual exhibition, it is critical that submitted images be of the best possible quality: in focus, with clear details, and following SAQA's digital image requirements. Please read Virtual Gallery Submission Guidelines for more details. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Common image errors include:
- Images that are out of focus or too small,
- Cropping images too closely on the full-view image. All edges of the artwork must be visible along with a small amount of contrasting background.
- Distracting elements in the image background - we don't want to see design walls, rugs, your studio, hanging clips, hands, pins, etc.
Don't miss this! We have prepared a handy resource of Tips for Successful Art Quilt Photography.
Andrea Finch creates sculptural quilts of botanical subjects, realistic to abstract, exploring textile textures. She lives and works in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, sits on the board & exhibitions committee of the Virginia Quilt Museum in Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Gallery Coordinator at the Council for the Arts, in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. Her work can be found at www.afinchsongcreation.com, the Foundry Art Market in Chambersburg, various galleries, public and private collections, and exhibitions throughout the country.
- August 1, 2024 - Online Entry Opens
- August 31, 2024 - Online Entry Deadline at 7pm Eastern Time (GMT/UTC-4: New York time)
- October 15, 2024 - Notification of Acceptance via email
- November 1, 2024 - Online Gallery opens