The following information applies to the SAQA Global Calls for Entry, which are open to ALL SAQA members. The policies for Regional exhibitions may vary. ALWAYS refer to the exhibition prospectus for more details.
If you have any questions or need further clarification, please email email@example.com or use the email listed with each call.
Please do read the SAQA Exhibition FAQs first as they include a lot of helpful information, including details how to prepare your images and complete the entry form.
Key Exhibition Policies
- Artist must be a current SAQA member to enter a SAQA exhibition.
- Artwork must fit the SAQA definition of an art quilt: “...a creative visual work that is layered and stitched or that references this form of stitched layered structure.”
- Artwork must be of original design and to the best of the artist’s knowledge must not violate any copyright laws.
- Artwork must match the digital images submitted - no further changes or stitching can be made after submission. The submitted full image must show ALL edges of the artwork.
- Artwork MUST be available to travel for the duration of the exhibition. Once work is accepted, the artist cannot withdraw the piece for any reason.
For additional details, refer to the Exhibition FAQs.
Artists are no longer asked to blur signatures, initials, or other identifying marks on their submissions to Global or Virtual Gallery calls for entry. Any blurring will be done by SAQA staff prior to the jurying process. This change does not apply to regional calls - check prospectus for details.