Art Quilt Quarterly is a quarterly publication filled with beautiful artwork and informative articles for collectors, art venues, museums, professional artists, and art enthusiasts.
In each issue:
- A broad array of art to enjoy, including 60+ pages of beautiful artwork by SAQA’s Juried Artist Members.
- Interviews with artists and other arts professionals that offer inspiration and guidance on how to navigate your creative career.
- Galleries of artwork from SAQA's traveling exhibitions PLUS insider details about select museum and private collections.
- Resources on the proper ways to display, insure and care for your art quilt collection
- And MUCH MORE!
if you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Art Quilt Quarterly is published four times a year and is available as a yearly subscription ($34.95) or single issue ($14.99). Non-US addresses pay an additional $3 per issue.
SAQA members receive $5 off subscription price!
Please submit your idea to our editor Sandra Sider at firstname.lastname@example.org. A paragraph explaining what you’d like to cover will suffice, along with a paragraph delineating your qualifications and writing experience.
We’re usually working three issues in advance. Please be sure to check the Art Quilt Quarterly Index to make sure that your proposed topic has not been featured recently. As time and technology changes, we’ll revisit some topics but we’d like to avoid as much repetition as possible. We’re looking for the following kinds of content, all of interest to collectors, curators, and artists looking to have their quilts acquired for collections and commissions.
- Articles on specific collections of art quilts—private, public, corporate
- Interviews with art quilt conservators and exhibition designers
- Articles on developing and displaying art quilt collections
- Interviews and articles about significant art quilt commissions
Our articles and interviews usually run between 800 and 1000 words. Our editor will determine the total number of words once the proposal has been approved and before writing begins. As you’re writing, please fact-check your work. Contact the main artists or interviewees featured in your article to confirm all of the details and specifics you’ve included.
Your work will be copy edited and proofed, always with your original intention and vision in mind. The editor will send you her edited version for any corrections.
For the articles that you’re submitting, we ask that you help us gather images when possible. The minimum requirement for photography is 300 dpi at 1800 pixels on the longest side. Please provide caption information with the photos you submit. If the photo features a quilt, include the artist’s name, the title of the piece, the year created, the dimensions (height by width), and photo credit.
We offer compensation for most articles except for those written by artists themselves for whom the magazine is providing gratis publicity with publication. These artists will be mailed a gratis copy of the pertinent issue. Rates will be negotiated with the editor at the beginning of the process. Payments are processed once AQQ ships to the printer.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns. Thank you again for considering writing for Art Quilt Quarterly.
We maintain an online index of all articles and artwork included in Art Quilt Quarterly. You can use the available search and filter tools to find specific information.