SAQA uses a video conferencing tool called Zoom for our online meetings. Zoom can be used with all types of devices – PCs, Macs, tablets, iPhones, Android, and more! If you are unable to connect via the internet, you can opt to call in via phone instead.
The first time you access Zoom (by clicking on a link in an email or Join Meeting box), you will be prompted to download an application – this is a small program and will only take a couple minutes. You can join a meeting with or without signing in to an existing Zoom account.
If the meeting is already in session, you will be connected automatically (otherwise you will need to wait until the meeting host arrives). Note that your webcam and audio may be turned on by default – be prepared!
- Most controls will be displayed at the bottom of your screen.
- If you are NOT actively speaking, please mute your microphone as background noise can be a distraction
- We cannot reserve spots for meetings – please be prompt as space is limited!
- Consider the use of a headset instead of using your computers audio and speakers
- If you do experience internet connectivity issues, turn off your webcam
Want to see what Zoom is about? Try it out with a test meeting here
Interested in scheduling a Zoom meeting for your SAQA committee or group?
Click the link below to complete your request or contact your Regional Rep. Note that meetings are subject to availability and are only for approved SAQA groups (regions, committees, etc.)
If you are not familiar with Zoom, please review their online resources:
- Download the Getting Started with PC and Mac Guide
- Watch the Getting Started Videos
- Join our Weekly Zoom Meetings and Webinar training
- Join a test meeting
Live Transcription / Closed Captioning
Zoom has now added the ability for live transcription for meetings and webinars. When you are in a meeting or webinar where closed captioning or live transcription is available, they will automatically appear on the bottom of the screen. This feature can be toggled on/off.
On a PC/Mac
Click the Live Transcript button and select the appropriate option.
On an ipad
To change the settings for ALL meetings:
- Sign in to the Zoom mobile app.
- Tap the Settings icon
- Tap Meeting.
- Toggle Closed Captioning to on or off.
If the meeting or webinar is already in progress, you will need to click the 3 dots (more) and minimize to access the Zoom settings.