A Juried Artist Member (JAM) of SAQA is an artist who has successfully presented a portfolio to the Juried Artist Review Panel. Showing a professional approach to art, the portfolio presents a body of work that represents a singular point of view or signature collection. This portfolio is submitted through an online application process.
The artist’s resume demonstrates a record of juried exhibitions beyond the local. Documentation and images are of high quality, as expected by gallery and museum personnel, as well as collectors and publishers.
The Review Panel evaluates each portfolio against the criteria explained in the Juried Artist Guidelines and gauges the level of artistic merit and professional practice demonstrated by the applicant. All Review Panel members are current Juried Artist Members.
** The SAQA Board recently voted to remove the $65 upcharge for Juried Artist Members. More Details
Besides meeting a personal goal of accomplishment, the major benefit for Juried Artist members is the opportunity for exposure: in SAQA publications, on the website, as well as participation in SAQA special events.
- An artist profile page on the SAQA website with up to 5 images, artist statement, and links to website/social media.
- Artwork in included in the Juried Artist Showcase galleries.
- Listing in the Juried Artist Directory
- Artwork eligible for inclusion in weekly SAQA emails. SAQA Journal, and on banners throughout the SAQA website
- Network with other Juried Artists in an exclusive Facebook group
- Participate in online meetings and presentations just for Juried Artists
- Bi-monthly newsletter
- Annual conference get-togethers