SAQA’s traveling trunk shows are designed to showcase SAQA’s diversity of talent and support our mission to “promote the art quilt.” Audiences at locations around the world will be able to engage with the quilts in an up-close and personal way.
This is a great opportunity to share your artwork!
All SAQA members are invited to showcase their artistic expression by creating a 10" x 7" art quilt (portrait orientation) with finished edges. These pieces will be mounted on a black 12" x 9" backing board, and sealed inside a clear envelope.
Have fun exploring a new subject, developing a technique, or working with an idea or concept with which you are already familiar. Whatever you decide, enjoy yourself!
- Artwork must meet the SAQA definition of an art quilt: “The art quilt is a creative visual work that is layered and stitched or that references this form of stitched layered structure.”
- 2-D entries must measure 10" high x 7" wide (25.4cm x 17.8cm) in a PORTRAIT orientation. All embellishments must fit within the 10" x 7" (25.4cm x 17.8cm) size.
- Quilt edges must be finished. The method used is at the artist's discretion (e.g. bound, stitched, or faced).
- 3-D artwork will be allowed on a limited basis. The first five entrants to submit their Entry Form for 3-D art will be accepted. Once the quota for this exhibit has been met, no other 3-D art will be accepted.
- The 3-D artwork must fit within a clear acrylic display case with the maximum outside dimensions of 10" high x 9" wide x 12" deep (25.5cm x 23cm x 30.5cm). Art displayed in clear acrylic cases smaller than the maximum dimensions will be accepted.
- Only ONE entry (either art quilt or 3-D) per artist will be permitted.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.
Online Entry Opens: July 1, 2021
Online Entry Closes: September 30, 2021
Artwork to be received in Ohio: October 15, 2021
Trunk Show touring schedule:January 2022 - December 2024