The 100 days project, or its shorter versions (20x20, 7x7, or Jump into June), is a private Facebook group for SAQA members who want to share their creative projects daily. The times vary, so check the Facebook group for the current details.
Strolling Together Part I – a 45 Day Challenge
Mark your calendar for Saturday, July 1, when we start the next iteration of our daily challenge! Part I runs through August 14. After a break, Strolling Together Part II will begin September 22nd and go through November 5th.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who are you?
We are a community of current SAQA members who enjoy sharing our daily progress for the session. All are welcome to participate.
What do you share?
We share one (1) photo of our artistic endeavor for the day. It may be only a 15-minute step on a current project, an inspirational photo, sketch, plan, or anything advancing your art. Your options might include:
- Choose a focus and create “blocks” resulting in a finished project.
- Experiment with concepts or techniques.
- Take out old UFOs and finish them with flair.
- Perfect your technique or try something new. There is no restriction on the medium used.
Check out a few past albums to see what happens in the group.
Where do I share my work?
Share your art on the Facebook group under the daily ‘Albums’ section. It can be found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2202184153212509/media/albums
Do I have to post every day?
Life often gets in the way of art, so it’s okay if you miss days. We will be happy when you return.
What else does participation involve?
You can receive friendly feedback, make new friends, learn new techniques, and see how other SAQA members approach their work from start to finish. You may also comment on other members’ art. It will make them happy.
We hope to see many old friends as well as new ones.
If you have any questions, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please keep your comments civil and avoid discussing politics and personal issues.
- Try to post only one image a day.
- Enjoy the challenges and opportunities you give yourself
Want to learn more?
- Watch this video of some of the participants' work (or scroll down)
- Check out Mel Beach’s article ‘Roll the Dice: Up Your Game and Take a Chance’ in Quilting Arts magazine, Spring 2021, for other ideas.
ONLY SAQA MEMBERS CAN PARTICIPATE IN SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS