** NOTE: This call has been modified to include new opening venue (EPM instead of Houston) and adjusted call period (October 2022 instead of November 2022).
Order. Simplicity. Harmony. Minimalism is line, shape, form, and color combined to simply highlight the very essence of the medium and materials used to create art. Erasing the distinctions between mediums to call attention to the artwork itself, without expectation of emotion or deep meaning. In the words of Frank Stella, “What you see is what you see.” A pure form of beauty.
European Patchwork Meeting, Alsace, France - September 2023 (exact dates TBD)
Wall-hung (2D and 3D) and freestanding artwork are eligible. No ceiling suspended pieces.
- Pieces may not exceed 96” (8 ft) in height, width, or depth. There is NO minimum size.
- All artwork must fit through a standard 34” doorway.
- Wall-hung pieces (2D and 3D) must hang without distortion. Traditional quilt sleeves, stretcher bars, framed or mounted work, and other hanging mechanisms are acceptable.
- Artwork must SAQA’s definition of an art quilt: "a creative visual work that is layered and stitched or that references this form of stitched layered structure."
ELIGIBILITY / FEE
Artists must be a current SAQA member to enter this call. $50 USD for up to 3 entries. $40 ($10 Early Bird Discount) if all entries submitted by October 15, 2022. Entry fee must be paid online before the entry deadline via a credit card or PayPal at www.saqa.com/fees.
If you have questions about this exhibition, please refer to SAQA’s Exhibition Guidelines and FAQs where many exhibition related questions are answered. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dorothy Caldwell is a graduate of Tyler School of Art in Philadelphia and presently maintains an active international exhibition and teaching schedule from her studio in Hastings, Ontario.
Her work is included in private and permanent collections including the American Museum of Art and Design, NYC, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, the International Quilt Museum and Study Center University of Nebraska, The Canadian Department of External Affairs, and Canadian Museum of Civilization, Hull Quebec among others.
- October 1, 2022 - Online Entry Opens
- October 31, 2022 - Online Entry Deadline at 7pm Eastern Daylight Time (GMT/UTC-4)
- January 15, 2023 - Notification of Acceptance via email
- April 30, 2023 - Artwork to be RECEIVED by SAQA (details provided upon acceptance)
- September 2023 - Exhibition Opens at European Patchwork Meeting
- December 31, 2026 - End of Exhibition (work will be returned by February 28, 2027)
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY AND GUIDELINES
For information on eligibility and policies, please refer to SAQA's Exhibition Guidelines and FAQs.
Jurying of the exhibition is by digital image. Information and resources for submitting digital images can be found on SAQA’s website, Digital Image Submission Guidelines.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You will be asked to agree with these terms and conditions. “I agree to loan my artwork to Studio Art Quilt Associates, Inc. I understand the costs of insuring and shipping my artwork to the shipping center in Ohio are my responsibility. I further agree to permit the images or detail images and/or all or part of my artist statement to be used in the exhibition catalog, articles, ads, promotions, books, websites, blogs, CDs, current event news coverage, television productions, and/or multi-media productions for and about the exhibition or for and about the shows at which the exhibition may be seen. I confirm, to the best of my knowledge, the artwork entered is original and does not violate any copyright or trademark laws."