Textile Talks features weekly presentations and panel discussions from the International Quilt Museum, the Modern Quilt Guild, Quilt Alliance, San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles, Studio Art Quilt Associates, and Surface Design Association. The programs are held online at 2 pm Eastern (11 am Pacific) each Wednesday. Preregistration is required and recordings are available.
Want to stay informed about Textile Talks? Sign up for our email newsletter.
- April 29: Studio Art Quilt Associates: Conversations with the Artists - 3D Expression
- May 6: International Quilt Museum: Cultivating Culture: Botany, Gardening, and Nineteenth Century American Quilts, presented by Carolyn Ducey, Curator of Collections
- May 13: San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles: Fashion and Anti-Fashion: Reflections on Artwear, presented by Melissa Leventon, Principal of Curatrix Group Museum Consultants and Appraisers
- May 20: The Modern Quilt Guild: Celebrating Modern Together, presented by Alissa Haight Carlton, Jacquie Gering, and Heather Kinion
- May 27: Quilt Alliance: The Back Story: Go Tell It at the Quilt Show! and the Secret Lives of Quilts
- June 3: Surface Design Association (postponed)
- June 10: Studio Art Quilt Associates: Conversations with the Artists - Musica!
- June 17: International Quilt Museum: Quilts in Common: What Can We Learn from World Quilts?
- June 24: San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles: The California Art Quilt Revolution: From the Summer of Love to the New Millennium
- July 1: The Modern Quilt Guild: Reflecting on Modern: A Retrospective Chat about QuiltCon Winners
- July 8: Quilt Alliance: Quilts & Writing: a Panel Discussion
- July 15: Surface Design Association: Women Against the Machine: Craft, Design and the Exploitation of Female Labor
- July 22: Studio Art Quilt Associates: Conversations with the Artists - Aloft
- July 29: International Quilt Museum: Care and Conservation: Behind the Scenes at the International Quilt Museum
- August 5: San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles: Tribute to the Civil Rights Movement: Quilted Swing Coats by Patricia Montgomery
- August 12: The Modern Quilt Guild: Finding my Way Back Home - A Textile Odyssey