The Connecticut region of Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA) is delighted to announce this call for the next iteration of its signature exhibition Local Color.
Show Concept: An exhibition of fiber art by members of the CT Region of SAQA. Artists are encouraged to explore the varieties of meanings, images and experiences evoked by the word “Welcome”
● Open to active SAQA members who list Connecticut as one of their two SAQA home regions. This may include Connecticut residents as well as artists who live in other regions but list Connecticut as their secondary region.
● Artwork that has been juried and accepted into a previous SAQA-CT regional exhibition is not eligible for Local Color 5.
● Collaborations are permitted provided that:
1. Each person collaborating is a SAQA member as defined above.
2. The collaborative piece is entered as a separate work under the names of all collaborating artists.
3. The entry fee is paid for the collaborative work (this is in addition to any entry fees paid by the artists entering individual).
4. The collaborative work is counted as one of the three works each artist is permitted to enter.
Entry Fee: $35 for up to 3 entries per artist.
Juror: Anna Patalano
Opening Venue: Guilford Art Center.
Selected works may travel to additional locations throughout 2022.
Nov 1, 2021: Online Submissions Open
Nov 30, 2021: Online Submissions Deadline
Late Dec 2021: Notification of Acceptance
Early Jan 2022: Drop-off of Accepted Works
Feb/Mar 2022: Exhibition Opens at Guilford Art Center
Digital Photo Guidelines: Images of accepted work will be included in an exhibition catalog. Submitted images must be in JPG format and sized for printing: MINIMUM 2100 pixels on the SHORTEST side.
Additional Exhibition Locations: Select pieces from Local Color 5 may travel to additional locations. Exact show dates and locations will be announced as they are confirmed.
Accepted work must be available through the end of 2022.
Contact: Kate Themel