Arsenical Poisoning

Browse the Collection
Arsenical Poisoning
10 in
x
10 in
x
0 in
Year
2019
Photo Credit
Casey Rae
Price
$0.00
Buy Now >>
My two aunts, age 2 and 3, died December 1918, from arsenical poisoning after eating arsenic-treated apples. Their mother Clarissa, my grandmother, died several days later from shock, leaving Mom, age 9 months, to be raised by her father and her paternal grandmother. It is one story among many of a family affected by death.
Materials
Painted ragged fabric strips, silk screen images of child and death certificate.
Techniques
Painted, silk screened, machine stitched.

This is a member exclusive page. To see all member exclusive content, join and become a SAQA member today or log in to your member account.