In light of rising inflation costs, the SAQA Board of Directors voted to raise membership rates by $10 for all membership types. The increased rates will take effect starting January 1st, 2023. This is the first membership increase since 2018.
This was not an easy decision, but it was necessary given the increased costs impacting nearly every aspect of SAQA operations and programs.
We are proud of the exceptional value provided by a SAQA membership which includes:
- Innovative artistic and professional development programs, including the SAQA Seminar, You Be the Critic, Mentorship program, SAQA-Artique, and other webinar events open exclusively to SAQA members.
- World-class global, virtual, and regional exhibitions that showcase our members’ art quilts as fine art.
- Networking opportunities with members all around the world via regional meetings, Local Connections, Live Chats, special interest groups, and our annual conferences.
- Access to our beautiful quarterly Journal, in addition to the robust library of resources available exclusively to SAQA members via the SAQA website.
We recognize that this increase may pose a financial difficulty, so we offer the following options:
- Current members can renew their membership for up to 3 years at the current membership rates if you act before the new rates take effect on January 1st, 2023. These additional years will be added to your existing renewal date, even if that’s several years in the future.
- Individual Membership grants are available for members experiencing financial hardship so that they can continue to grow creatively and professionally through participation in SAQA programs and conferences. Membership grants are reviewed quarterly. The next grant application deadline is December 31st.
Thank you for your understanding.
SAQA Board President