This International Exhibition will be prominently featured at the Cape Cod Museum of Art in our expansive Bank of America / Robert Douglas Hunter exhibition hall. All interpretations on the theme of In Tandem will be considered by juror and internationally recognized artist Peter Michael Martin!
The theme In Tandem is intended to be interpreted broadly.
- Collaborating. Coordinating. Cooperating. In Tandem is the process of 2 or more objects, mechanisms, people or concepts working in conjunction with each other to achieve a desired result.
- Civilizations would not exist without people working In Tandem with others in our: family, village, city, country and world.
- Elected officials and nations can work In Tandem to benefit the greater good.
- Bees and flowers work In Tandem continuing the balance of the natural world.
- Mechanical gears work In Tandem to create an efficient machine.
- Musicians work In Tandem to create the complex, full sound of a symphony.
- The elements in any great painting or sculpture work In Tandem to achieve balance, harmony and even tension.
These examples are only a few ways you can interpret the theme In Tandem. How will you respond to this theme within a work of visual art?
Artists are invited to submit up to three works to be juried into this evocative exhibition. We will also be making this exhibition available virtually on our CCMoA website.
Juror Peter Michael Martin will select three of the works to receive monetary awards: $500, $200 and $100.