Instructor: Marjolaine Arsenault
Level: All Levels
Join Marjolaine in a 5-day in-person immersion class to create her signature vest that you can wear four different ways: inside out and upside down and a two way to wear scarf. You will begin the week by making a playful scarf. Her fascination for the limitless possibilities of making nuno felt seamless garments led her to playful creations. During this workshop you will explore the technique of nuno felt.
You will learn:
- Explore colors, texture, composition and design
- Create a very lightweight vest that will be the inspiration for future garments
- No resist required. Layout is flat.
- Discover various wool layouts to create different effects
- Create a stained glass effect
- Learn to make fabulous pre-felt for embellishment
- Paint with silk hankies and silk roving on wool
- Create your own unique pin to close the vest
This workshop is suited for beginner and intermediate to advanced nuno felt makers and requires standing most of the day.
Day Student Tuition: $800.00
Full 5-Day Package*: $2,311.14-$2,532.10
*5-Day Workshop Package includes: Tuition for 5 full class days, 6 nights of dinner, lodging, breakfast, daily cookie and fruit breaks, unlimited coffee and tea, and welcoming wine and cheese reception. Your choice between a room to yourself (single occupancy) or bring a friend and split a room (double occupancy).
Artwork by Marjolaine Arsenault
Hudson River Valley Art Workshops
11135 State Route 32
Greenville, NY 12083