- Mentorship Webinar: Writing an Artist Statement Doesn't Have to be Painful! Vicki Krohn Amorose is an artist, writer, performer and arts advocate who teaches artists writing and presentation skills. An artist statement is a way to communicate with viewers so they understand why you make your art. Join us to hear from an expert who has helped many artists feel more comfortable expressing themselves in words.
- Nominations being accepted for the SAQA BoardDo YOU know someone (perhaps yourself) who would like to join the SAQA Board of Directors? The Nominating Committee would love to hear from you! Some of the skills which we are currently looking for include legal, financial, and curatorial experience.
- Save the Date for the 2018 TEXtiles Conference Art, Community & the Riverwalk: The 2018 SAQA Conference will be held April 5-8, 2018 in San Antonio, Texas. Our Special Events Committee is busy planning a full schedule of fun activities, including a river cruise! Look for more information soon. Registration will open in September.
- Watch the NEW SAQA Video! Learn about SAQA’s global community of artists, collectors & arts professionals! This new 15 minute film all about SAQA includes member interviews PLUS beautiful artwork. Find out more about SAQA's history and how our members get inspired to create.
- SAQA Seminar 2017 - Surface Design!The Education Committee is excited to announce SAQA Seminar 2017! The theme is Surface Design. We’ll kick off in September and run through the end of October releasing a new unit of material every two weeks. We’ll cover four topics: Print, Paint, Dye and Odds and Ends. Members will have access to articles, tutorials, book reviews and links to inspirational resources. There will be video conversations with surface design artists. We’ll have a Facebook group for SAQA Seminar participants and opportunities to participate in live video chats.
Special Interest Groups - Join one today!Want to connect with other SAQA members? Learn more about about a particular topic?
SAQA will be offering a new series of online discussion groups called Special Interest Groups (SIGs). These meetings take place "virtually" using Zoom video conferencing technology. It's a fun way to meet other SAQA members and discuss art-related topics. Our first SIG is all about Mixed Media!
Want to read the latest news? Have news to share?
Manage your my SAQA Account
Update contact info for your profile and renew your membership.
Information for New MembersVisit our welcome page to learn more about SAQA (great info for everyone!)
Member ResourcesView member specific information and resources
Maximize your SAQA MembershipLearn about all the different benefits available to you as a SAQA member!
Volunteer your time
Check out our current volunteer opportunities
Juried Artist Member (JAM) OverviewLearn more about what a JAM is and how to apply