How the Benefit Auction Works
The 2019 Benefit Auction will take place from September 13 through October 6. The 12" x 12" Auction Quilts were been divided up into three sections for bidding purposes. Each week, a different section of quilts was available for bidding, starting at $750 and further reduced throughout the week.
At the end of each bidding period, remaining quilts will be available for purchase in the SAQA store. Unsold quilts will also be sent to Houston for the International Quilt Market and Festival (early November).
- The online bidding form will be live on September 13 at 2pm EDT for Diamond Day bidding. All quilts will be available for $1000.
- Starting September 16th at 2pm EDT, bidding starts at $750 for pieces in Section 1 - only pieces in the section listed will be available for bidding at this level. Each day thereafter, the price is reduced according to the chart below. This same process is repeated for Section 2 and Section 3
- You can bid on up to 7 pieces at a time - the first bid on each piece wins.
- Once the auction starts, any piece in an upcoming section can be purchased at the Buy It Now price of $1000.
SAQA 2019 Benefit Online Auction Pricing
2 pm edt
|Section 1||Sept 16
||Sept 17||Sept 18
||Sept 19||Sept 20||Sept 21|
|Section 2||Sept 23||Sept 24||Sept 25
||Sept 27||Sept 28
|Section 3||Sept 30
* All quilts will be available for a buy it now purchase of $1000 for the duration of the auction (even if their section isn't open for bidding). Unsold quilts will be sold in Houston (November) and in the SAQA Store (through December 28).
NO BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED BETWEEN 1:45pm EDT and 2:00pm EDT. Any Bids placed during this time period will be ignored.
The shipping and handling fee will be a flat rate for up to seven pieces at a time on any given date. If you want to bid on more than seven pieces or you want to bid on more than one date, you will be charged shipping and handling each time.
Shipping and handling within the United States -- $15; International shipping and handling -- $30. Shipping will be via USPS Priority, insured mail.
Purchase will be by credit card only. The bid form will be time-stamped and sequentially numbered - if more than one person submits a purchase form at the same time, the lowest numbered form will be the accepted buyer.
SOLD notices will be posted as quickly as possible. The donor artists will be informed who purchased their artwork after the auction is complete.
Pieces not reaching the reserve price of $100 will be sold online in the SAQA Store through December AND available for in-person purchase at the SAQA booth in Houston (International Quilt Festival).
All unsold quilts will either be returned to the artist or to a participant in the Art Swap program.