Use your concept of a circle of abstraction to drive your artistic vision.
Use cloth or media mixed with cloth to provide a concrete example of the round or oval line or form as you wish.
The dictionary defines abstract as “nonrepresentational, nonrealistic, hypothetical, not pictorial and/or symbolic”. Whether you choose to make color, form, or line the abstract element is up to you.
- Artist and any collaborators must be SAQA members.
- At least one SAQA artist must have Nebraska as their primary or secondary region.
- Artwork must be available to travel from August 15, 2022 through December 31, 2024.
- NO artwork which is framed or on stretcher bars will be accepted because of shipping/ traveling considerations.
- NO installation, 3-D, or sculptural pieces will be permitted due to shipping and traveling considerations, however work surface may protrude up to 3/4" inch due to piece elements or stitching, Artwork must be able to be rolled.
- Artwork must meet the SAQA definition of an art quilt (the art quilt is a creative visual work that is layered and stitched or that references this form of a stitched layered structure).
Opening venue Jewish Community Center in Omaha, Nebraska