The Award Winning Quilts Exhibition will tour Japan and overseas.
Category A : Traditional (Inspired and based on traditional ideas.)
Category B : Contemporary (Demonstrate originality and independent ideas.)
Category C : Miniature (Quilts must measure less than or equal to 60cm on each side. All aspects of the quilt are reduced in scale and miniaturization.)
- Work must consist of a top, the batting, the backing and these three layers must be held together by hand - or machine quilting or other methods.
- Work must be completed after July, 2019 and must be original. Any works that have appeared in any copyrighted publications (such as magazines, books or newspapers), any contests, any competitions, and exhibitions (excluding private exhibitions), and /or any internet sites other than quilters' own site are not eligible.
- Quilts must be constructed and quilted by the person named on the entry form.
- Entries are limited to two per person.
- Framed work is not acceptable.
A. First judging (photo screening): Free of charge
B. Second round of judging (actual product judging): 8800 JPY for Category A and B, and 5500JPY for Category C
Jurors : Yoko Okamoto (quilt artist; vice - chairman of Japan Handicraft Instructors' Association), Suzuko Koseki (quilt artist), Reiko Sudo (Textile Designer), Nobuko Terashima (Chief editor of Quilts Japan Magazine).
The 15th Exhibition was exhibited at:
Japan Crafting Art Gallery Nakano, Japan
Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum, Colorado, U.S.A
New England Quilt Museum, Massachusetts, U.S.A
Wisconsin Museum of Quilts and Fiber Arts, Wisconsin, U.S.A