Conference Information and Registration
Capitolizing on Fiber Conference
Alexandria, VA (Washington DC)
May 1-4, 2014
The conference has only 200 spots and we expect them to go quickly! General registration fee of $400 is now in effect, through March 1. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
You must be a current member of SAQA to register. If you are not a current member, please join at www.saqa.com/membership.php?ID=1661 before registering for the conference. Membership fees are:
- $60 SAQA 1-year membership
- $30 SAQA 1-year student membership with valid student ID (Student registrants must be enrolled full-time in a two-year or four-year program. They must provide copies of their current student I.D. (front and back) emailed to the Conference Coordinator, Allison Reker email@example.com before registration can be confirmed.)
|$350||Early Bird registration if received by October 31, 2013.|
|$400||General registration if received after October 31, 2013.|
|$440||Late registration if received after March 1, 2014. Registration closes April 1.
|$25||Mailed registration fee. We can accept mailed registrations, but an additional $25 processing fee will be assessed. Online registration (no charge) is encouraged.|
Friday evening 25th Anniversary Dinner Extravaganza: We’re offering a prime rib carving station, pasta bar, crab cakes, spanokopita, chicken satay, smoked salmon mousse, mozzarella and cherry tomato kabobs, and more! Plus fun decor, a no-host bar, and an fantastic instrumental musical duo playing during dinner. All of this for only $35 per person -- a steal anywhere, but especially in terms of Washington DC prices! Sign-up below.
After dinner, all conference registrants may join us for our Spotlight Silent Auction (back by popular demand) and a Sweet Temptations dessert buffet.
Two optional sessions, Critique with Sandra Sider, and Voice Coaching with Leni Wiener, require an added fee of $20/$30. Please refer to the conference program for details.
$50 Refund/Cancellation/Change Policy
- A $50 administrative fee is charged for any changes to a confirmed conference registration.
- Any registration fee refund must be requested in writing and received by March 1, 2014.
- Refunds will be made by check sent through the U.S mail to the address provided by the participant. After March 1, 2014, no refunds will be made. We encourage you to send a qualified substitute if you cannot attend.
- SAQA will not be responsible for any losses incurred by registrants, including, but not limited to, airline cancellation charges or hotel deposits. Travelers' insurance is suggested.
- SAQA reserves the right to cancel the event and return all fees in the event of insufficient registration.
- SAQA’s liability is limited to the registration fee.
If you register below, you will receive an immediate confirmation via email. If you mail in your registration, you will receive a confirmation via mail. Details, along with other information (e.g. about the weather, what to wear, etc.) will be available closer to the conference date.
Mailing in Your Registration
If you chose to mail in your registration rather than register on-line, print and fill out this PDF form. Send your registration, check or credit card information (including the added processing fee of $25) to:
Capitolizing on Fiber
Studio Art Quilt Associates, Inc.
PO Box 572
Storrs, CT, USA 06268-0572
Contact Allison Reker, Conference Coordinator
Be sure to answer the "anti-spam" question and click the submit button!
You will receive an email acknowledgement immediately after submitting the form
Thank you! We look forward to seeing you at the conference!