Quilters from all over the world met in Birmingham, United Kingdom, for the Festival of Quilts on August 9-12, 2018.
The SAQA Global Exhibition Concrete & Grassland had a constant stream of visitors and received numerous compliments. For more details about this exhibition, see Concrete & Grassland on the SAQA website.
There were many SAQA members stewarding the exhibition, not only from the Europe/Middle East region but also from Australia and the United States. Thank you to all our volunteers!
SAQA Board President Lisa Walton spoke on various art themes and shared artist details during her lecture on Concrete & Grassland in The Festival Theater.
We’d like to give special attention to several SAQA member activities:
- Christine Chester, a SAQA Juried Artist Member from the United Kingdom, organized the exhibition: Button Box.
- Heidi Drahota, from Germany, curated the exhibition: Stuff for Thought.
- Alexandra Kingswell, from the United Kingdom, had a gallery of her artwork: More than the Sum.
- Susanne Miller Jones, from the United States, curated the exhibition: Fly Me to the Moon.
- Sandra Newton, the new European/Middle East representative, won 2nd prize in the Miniatures Category.
- Katriina Flensburg, Cindy Grisdela, Sue Hotchkis, Sarah Impey, Sandra Lauterbach, Hazel Ryder, and Sandy Snowden had quilts in The Fine Arts Quilt Masters exhibition.
- Paola Zanda, from Switzerland, won 2nd prize in the Art Quilt category.
We’re already excited to go back next year!