Art In Public Places Registry
In 1992, SAQA established its Art in Public Places registry for art quilts. Art in Public Places is organized by time zone regions:
Where possible, a link to an image of the actual artwork is provided.
The registry was started for several reasons:
- to serve as a reference for agents, officials, and designers who are in the position to purchase and commission artworks
- to gather statistical support for individual artists as well as for organizational grant applications
- to contribute to an archive of information about art quilts within a historical and geographical context
- to create a resource pool of publicity information about art quilt artists as well about the artworks themselves
- to provide responses to inquiries by art consumers
- to provide "art itineraries" to out-of-town travelers, whether tourists or professionals on business, who want to see art quilts at their travel destinations.