What is SAQA-U?
Introduction to SAQA University
"For You, By You, About You" is the motto of SAQA University, and we hope this will be quite apparent when SAQA members visit the SAQA-U wiki.* Our members designed the wiki and added an astounding amount of content to it -- and we are just starting to see how powerful this tool is. Any member can not only use the wiki as a resource and discussion tool, but add their own knowledge and information at any time.
The home page changes regularly, with featured areas, announcements, and tips. The Mentoring Forums and Audios area has information about upcoming mentoring events, recordings of the mentoring conference calls and links to resources. Each SAQA Region has its own set of pages as well.
The five main sections of SAQA-U (Art, Business & Marketing, Education, Resources, and Technology) are set up with lots of wonderful information already there -- and are ready for members to add their own information to share with others. There are also online critique groups and information pertaining to our regional activities.
There will always be more to see as our members truly make SAQA-U For You, By You, About You.
* a "wiki" is an online encyclopedia where all members can add and edit content
This table is a sampling from the home page of SAQA-U. The information is updated frequently (and would have links to the pages referenced).
- Creativity main page
- Includes 11 articles by the Holdgrafers, Melanie Testa's mentorship audio on breaking creative barriers, and links to creativity-related resources on the web
- "Accounting: The Art of Record Keeping" by Joyce Martelli
- See also the Accounting page for audits and risk areas and guidelines for retaining records
- Mentorship Forum: Gloria Hansen on "Digital Printers and Printing on Fabric"
- Branding: What's in a Title?
- Share what you call yourself (Quilter, Fiber Artist, Artist, etc.) and Why
|Next mentorship call - July 16th - Sign Up Today!
- Anne Copeland on "The Value of a Quilt: The Appraisal and what it really means"
- Discussion of how quilts are appraised and the various types of appraisals available
Share your latest News and Workshop Announcements with other members by following these links. Mark those pages for automatic notification of updates by selecting the white star.
|New to SAQA-U?
||Training videos -- FAQs & Help -- Region pages -- Critique groups -- Artist Index
-- SAQA history timeline
||Did you know?
- That, in most web browsers, you can open a link in a new window? Right click on the link & select "Open in new window". Useful for side by side comparisons.
- That you can bookmark any page as a favorite by selecting the white star at the top left and changing it to yellow. You can see your bookmarked favorites list by clicking on your username at the upper right and chose to be notified when they change.
Play the Intro to SAQA-U
Back to Benefits of SAQA membership