SAQA is Hiring - Communications / Website Assistant
Interested in working for SAQA? We are looking for a Communications / Website Assistant to join our fun and creative team. This position will provide technical and administrative support relating to our website and communications needs.
This full-time paid position allows you to work remotely from home (requires computer and reliable internet access).
Application deadline is January 25th.
- Assist with the transition to new website platform – includes configuration, data migration, and content development
- Maintain relevant databases, use reporting tools, and update website pages
- Collaborate with SAQA staff and volunteers on the creation of digital content and communication materials
- Provide customer service and technical support to our members and volunteers
- Support marketing initiatives by helping create content that promotes interaction, increases presence, and encourages participation
- Assist with development of weekly emails and social media posts
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Experience with content management platforms such as Drupal or Wordpress. Some knowledge of HTML helpful.
- Familiarity with graphic design programs (Photoshop and other Adobe products) and image manipulation tools
- Experience with MS Office Suite and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram especially)
- Familiarity with email platforms (Mailchimp, Constant Contact or similar)
- Ability to quickly learn new technical skills and train others
- Excellent communication skills; including writing and proof-reading skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet quick deadlines with little supervision.
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with people from diverse backgrounds, highlighting teamwork and problem solving skills
- Bookkeeping experience a plus
This full-time paid position allows you to work remotely from home (requires computer and reliable internet access). College degree preferred or at least 2 years relevant work experience. Benefits are available after a 3 month probationary period.
Pay: 40 hrs a week / $20 hour
If you are interested, please send your statement of interest and resume to Jennifer Solon at email@example.com.