SAQA 2014 Anniversary Trunk Show An up-close-and-personal look at SAQA artists' works
Join SAQA in celebrating our 25th amazing year with your trunk show submission! This traveling exhibition asks SAQA members to create a 10" x 7" art quilt that showcases their artistic expression.
The 2014 Anniversary Trunk Show will premiere at the 2014 SAQA conference in Washington, DC, and then travel all across the United States and around the world. A group of quilts from this exhibition will be chosen by jurors B. J. Adams and Trudi Van Dyke to become a permanent part of the collection of the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, Kentucky.
Submissions for the 2014 Anniversary Trunk Show must meet the following criteria:
- Quilted pieces must have three layers, and measure 10" high x 7" wide (25.4 x 17.8 cm) in a PORTRAIT orientation. All embellishments must fit within the 10" x 7" size.
- SAQA will mount artwork on a 12 x 9" black backing board.
- Quilts must lie flat, and fit within a clear envelope, therefore dimensional work will not be
- allowed for this show. Embellishments within 1/8-inch height are allowed.
- Edges of quilts must be finished. The method is at the artist's discretion (bound, stitched,
- All quilts must have a label on the back, with the title (or "Untitled") and artist's name clearly
- written. Do not attach a sleeve to the back.
- Artwork must meet the SAQA definition of an art quilt: The art quilt is a creative visual work
- that is layered and stitched or that references this form of stitched layered structure.
- Quilts could travel for up to three years. They must stay with the Trunk during the entire exhibition period.
- Participation fee is $10 to cover cost of materials and return shipping. Pay the fee through the SAQA Store.
- Only ONE piece per artist can be accepted.
- If you wish your quilt to be for sale, please indicate its price on the entry form. (Otherwise, enter NFS or Not For Sale.) SAQA will keep a 25% commission on all sales.
- Due to the constraints of international travel costs, SAQA will not be insuring this exhibition. An insurance waiver is included in the form.
- A photography waiver is also included in the form.
- Quilts are due no later than Friday, January 31, 2014 to the SAQA 2014 Trunk Show Coordinator.
The submission form is at https://www.saqa.com/trunk-submit.php Please fill it out when you are ready to mail your quilt.
Quilts are to be sent directly to the 2014 SAQA Trunk Show Coordinator:
9701 Rhapsody Dr.
Vienna, VA 22181-3200
If you have any questions about this traveling show, contact Eileen at TrunkShow@saqa.com.