SAQA Exhibition Process:
For membership-wide exhibitions -- does not apply to Regional Exhibitions
Studio Art Quilt Associates, Inc. (SAQA) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote the art quilt through education, exhibitions, professional development, and documentation. With an active membership approaching 3,000 established and emerging artists, the artwork created by our members can be found in both national and international exhibitions, galleries, and museums.
Although each exhibition venue has unique circumstances that may require special attention, SAQA can offer information, contacts, and professional experience in producing your art quilt exhibition.
Studio Art Quilt Associates is prepared to provide:
- Templates for entry forms, acceptance and rejection letters.
- Juror recommendations, and tips for administering the jury process.
- A full publicity package including templates for postcards/signage/catalog/press releases, SAQA logos for print media, media contact list, timeline guidelines.
- Professional quality images from our artists for exhibition publicity
- Shipping, packaging, and installation information
- All artwork arrives ready to hang, with all needed slats in a standard format
- Insurance contacts and security guidelines
- Educational Outreach; SAQA can supply a list of available teachers and lecturers to coordinate with your exhibition
Studio Art Quilt Associates, Inc. requires that all proposed national/international shows bearing the SAQA logo should be reviewed by our Exhibition Committee. By completing and submitting this form to , the exhibition committee will review and respond within 30 days. All blanks must be completed in order for this proposal to be considered. Please feel free to add any additional information that you deem important for the committee to know in order to make an informed decision.
SAQA Exhibition Approval Process
All exhibitions bearing the SAQA logo, whether regional, national or international must be juried or curated exhibitions and must be approved by the exhibition committee. We prefer that a SAQA member act as coordinator overseeing all aspects of the exhibition and that entries are only open to SAQA members.
- Fill out the with a Vision/Mission Statement, Timeline, Budget, and Diagram of the Space, Sponsorship Info, and the managing curator’s resume to the committee.
- The exhibition committee will review your materials at their next monthly phone conference and report back to you about your proposal shortly after that. Please give us a chance to review all materials BEFORE informing your members that the exhibition will be sponsored SAQA.
- We will be making our decision based on the feasibility of your timeline to create a strong show for the proposed space, the importance of the proposed venue, the proposed curators resume and experience in producing quality shows, and how this exhibition fits in with the calendars of other SAQA shows and other exhibitions competing for entries at the same time.
- In the case of All SAQA exhibits, The Board of Directors must approve the official budget/. Please submit to the Executive Director within 15 days of receipt of approval for the exhibition. Include all the requested information.
- When an all SAQA exhibit and budget is approved, SAQA will then sign a contract with the venue and sponsors and recommend jurors.
Policies, forms, and templates for Regional Exhibitions
Please visit the Regional Exhibitions section (on the Info for Regional Reps web page)