Call for Entry Details
OPEN TO SAQA MEMBERS ONLY
• Online Gallery
Deadline: February 29, 2020
SAQA's Global Exhibitions have been shown in a variety of physical venues with a wide range of space requirements that have impacted the size and type of work that could be shown. The virtual gallery on SAQA's new website will not be restricted by the requirements inherent in a brick-and-mortar venue, so any artwork may be shown that meets SAQA's definition of an art quilt.
There are no limits on the type of work that can be shown virtually. For example, work that is very large or very small (including an installation with a large footprint), contains complicated electronic components, cannot travel in a crate with other artwork, is too expensive to ship, or is otherwise not a good fit for a physical exhibit may be submitted for this exhibition, as well as more standard 2D and 3D work.
• Artwork must meet SAQA's definition of an art quilt
• Artists may enter up to three artworks.
• Only current SAQA members may enter
• Work must be original and of the artist's own design
• Artwork will not be shipped, only images will be used
• There is no entry fee for this call.
• No artist statement will be included
• There is no date by which the artwork must have been made
• Artwork may have been published previously
• No more than one entry may be selected from a member for the exhibit
• Artwork may not have a watermark or other proprietary mark showing
• There is no requirement that the work be offered for sale
• SAQA will not sell the exhibited work on behalf of the artist; however, an individual artist may sell his or her own artwork.
Note: This call is for an online virtual gallery
The Virtual Gallery Committee will jury the submissions based on quality of submitted image and illustration of the exhibition theme. Approximately 25 pieces of artwork will be selected. Because of tight deadlines, it is critical that submitted images are of professional quality; artists will not be contacted for revised images.
February 1, 2020 Online Entry Opens
February 29, 2020 Online Entry Deadline