Call for Entry Details• Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Deadline: December 31, 2019
This invitational and juried all-media exhibition focuses on the plants and wildlife of California in the shifting ecosystems they inhabit. Entry is not restricted to California-based artists. Traditional media including painting en plein air is welcome, as well as sculpture, photography, video, and new media including VR (virtual reality), AR (augmented reality), and internet-based art.
Welcome areas of inquiry include, but are not limited to:
* Continuing the California Landscape and California Impressionist traditions.
* The intersections of urban, suburban, and wildlife habitats.
* The effects of climate change on wildlife and botanical habitat and species or their ecosystems.
* Explorations in new media featuring California flora and fauna.
- Requirement for Entry: Artworks must focus on California wildlife or plants in their habitat. Artists are not restricted to being California residents.
Contemporary juried-in works will be accompanied by works by select invited artists, as well as historic pieces by noted California painters.
Palos Verdes Art Center
5504 Crestridge Rd.
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275