Call for Entry Details• Hot Springs, Arkansas
Deadline: December 30, 2019
Art Springs is the free 2-day outdoor festival portion of the annual Hot Springs celebration – Arts & The Park. Art Springs is a juried festival bursting with talented fine artists, artisans. and fine crafts. Art Springs is held at the Hill Wheatley Plaza in downtown historic Hot Springs and is open from 10 am to 6 pm on Saturday, April 25 and 10 am – 4 pm on Sunday, April 26, 2020.
Historic Hot Springs with its National Park attracts visitors from Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas, Tennesee, and Louisiana, as well as visitors from other states and countries. Art Springs 2019 attendance was over 9,000. Art Springs includes an Art Village for fine artist and fine artisan booths, a Marketplace for fine crafts booths, a children's art activity area, art demonstrations, a Sidewalk Chalk competition, and free family-friendly entertainment. Food trucks and beverages for sale will be on site. Festival hotel discounts will be available at selected downtown hotels.
The call is open to all fine artists and fine crafters/makers 18 years or older.
Artists must be in attendance for the duration of Art Springs.
Artists are encouraged to demonstrate their art in their booth.
- Artists must submit 6 images representative of the work they wish to exhibit. Include a photo of your typical booth, if possible.
- All art and crafts must be original and created by the applicant. Vendors and resellers are not permitted.
- Fine Artists:
- Artists may only exhibit works in the media they were juried into.
- Artists may sell only representations of what their submitted photos depict.
- Reproductions (e.g. cards, prints) may comprise no more than 25% of inventory.
- Jewelry must be hand-crafted and contain no more than 40% of purchased components (fittings, beads, etc).
- Only hand made items are permitted. Craft items may contain purchased and/or reclaimed components. Crafts must meet high criteria before being accepted.
- Jewelry may contain 90% puchased components. The Crafter's design constitutes the value of each piece.
- Hand made and home made items such as jellies and soaps are permitted.
- Crafters may only offer works representative of and descibed in their application.
- The Hot Springs Area Cultural Alliance (Promoter) shall have the right to use all submitted photos in promotion and advertisement of the event.
- The event will proceed rain or shine.
- There will be no refunds or credits given.
Hot Springs Area Cultural Alliance