Call for Entry Details
OPEN TO SAQA MEMBERS ONLY
• European Patchwork Meeting 2021
Deadline: November 30, 2020
Light is our primary tool for perceiving and understanding the world around us. Without light there is no vision. Light allows us to appreciate the world through shape and form and evokes emotions. Common qualities of light are intensity, quality, color, direction, distribution, texture and movement. Artists are encouraged to explore how light creates and transforms your art.
European Patchwork Meeting, Sainte-Marie-Aux-Mines, France 2021 - exact dates TBD
Juror: Jan Myers-Newbury
Jan Myers-Newbury is internationally recognized for her pieced quilts constructed from hand-dyed fabric and based on techniques, particularly shibori and the layering of color using dyes and discharge, she has developed over forty years. The result is lyrical, often nature referenced work, which is singularly unique.
She has exhibited both nationally and internationally, and been included in a record fourteen Quilt National exhibitions, winning Best of Show in 1993. Widely respected for sharing her personal dye techniques and enthusiasm for art quilts, she has taught workshops around the world.
Minimum/Maximum Sizes: Wall Hung – Height: 36” to 46”, Width: 36” to 60”
- No 3D art will be considered
- All quilts must have hanging sleeve
- All quilts must be able to be rolled from top to bottom
- Any embellishments must be able to be rolled from top to bottom
- No batteries or electrical components
- All quilts must be shipped to the US prior to debuting at the EPM, there will be no exceptions allowed
November 1, 2020 Online Entry Opens
November 30, 2020 Online Entry Deadline at 11:59 pm EST