Call for Entry Details• Powder Springs, Georgia
Deadline: July 13, 2019
The South Cobb Arts Alliance (SCAA) is pleased to announce our 32nd Annual National Juried Exhibition entitled “America the Beautiful, An Artist’s Oasis. The exhibition will be at a new location at the Pat Vaughn Cultural Arts Center, 4181 Atlanta Street, Powder Springs, GA 30127, and will be open to the public from August 5 to 24, 2019.
America the beautiful can mean many things to artists: an oasis of landscapes from sea to shining sea, of streetscapes, of quaint villages and historic towns, to the urban and suburban views from the pavement to the skies. And, of course, America the beautiful can be portrayed through photographs, drawings, sculpture, mixed media art, weaving, and the expressions of its people and its natural wonders. Its oasis is where and when the artist sees the beautiful whether up close and personal or from a mountaintop.
ELIGIBILITY & MEDIA:
- Open to all residents of the USA, age 18 or older.
- Original work, not previously shown with SCAA.
- All works must be priced for sale. NFS works will not be accepted.
- 2-D artwork must be no larger than 48” by 48” or smaller than 11" x 14" (including mat and frame), properly framed (or gallery wrapped), weigh no more than 25 lbs. and must be wired for hanging.
- No saw tooth hangers, single nail clips, or clip frames. Artwork normally framed under glass is acceptable on hand-delivered items ONLY. Plexiglass is required on all shipped work.
- 3-D sculpture including clay, fiber, glass, metal, plaster, stone, wood, as well as other materials must not exceed 45 pounds and 36” in any direction.
- SCAA reserves the right to disqualify any work not suitably presented or that varies from the submitted image.
- SCAA reserves the right to use all art, artist information and images for publicizing the event and for other promotional purposes.
The Patricia C. Vaughn Cultural Arts Center
4141 Atlanta St.
Powder Springs, GA 30127