Call for Entry Details
• San Jose, California
Deadline: December 31, 2018
Maker Space Artist in Residence Program 2019
The San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles offers an exciting Artist in Residence program. Artists will have the opportunity to engage with museum visitors while gaining exposure to new audiences. The Maker Space serves as a semi-private artist in residence workspace and incubator for creativity and dialogue between the artist(s) and the community.
Duration of Residency: 3 months
Application deadline: Ongoing
Available spots: 4 per year
Who may apply:
· Emerging and established artists that incorporate fiber/textiles in their work.
· Artists with a BFA, MFA or who show extensive experience in their field of expertise.
· Artists who are comfortable engaging and working with the public.
· Artists who are self-guided.
· Artists who incorporate performance, community engagement or social practice are encouraged to apply.
San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles
520 S. First Street
San Jose, CA 95113