Call for Entry Details
OPEN TO SAQA MEMBERS ONLY
• New Mexico, Texas, and Colorado/Utah/Wyoming members
Deadline: March 1, 2018
The wonderful variety of living things along the vitally important Rio Grande River. Work could explore historical or cultural themes, scientific or geological topics, or social and environmental issues relating to the flora, fauna, and people living on or near this historic river.
35 contemporary mixed media fiber art works measuring 32” wide by 48” long will be included.
These will be created by artists living in New Mexico, Colorado, Texas and surrounding states.
Abstract and representational work will be accepted.
Eligibility: SAQA members in New Mexico, Texas, and Colorado/Utah/Wyoming
This show will NOT be juried- the first 35 works entered will be accepted to the initial venue. One entry only by each artist will be allowed. A waiting list of additional pieces will be maintained to replace items that are sold.
Premiering at the Branigan Cultural Center, Las Cruces, April 6-May 12 '18
Macey Center at New Mexico Tech –October 1-November 15 ‘18
Additional venues TBA
- Uniform size is 48" in height and 32" in width. (yes, that means that everything needs to be that size)
- This will be a traveling exhibition, quilts must be able to be rolled and packed, please no fragile embellishments.
- A legible label must be stitched to the back of each work with the title, artist, and artist's contact information.
- A regular 4" sleeve will also need to be stitched to the back.
Call for entry issued March, 2017
Entries accepted beginning November 10, 2017, and continuing until all 35 spots in the show are filled. Entry will be by simple email to Betty Busby (email@example.com) curator, and payment of the $35 entry fee will be made through the SAQA online store.
Please do NOT pay until you receive confirmation from Betty!
Entry forms and instructions will be distributed prior to the November application date.
Exhibition dates and venues will be announced when scheduled, initial exhibition planned for spring '18.
Branigan Cultural Center
700 North Main
Las Cruces, NM 88001