Event Details• Perrysburg, OH
June 9, 2017 - June 11, 2017
The fiber577 committee is happy to announce that fiber art workshops are being scheduled for June 9-11, 2017 at The 577 Foundation in Perrysburg, Ohio. We hope that you will join us for this great educational opportunity.
The weekend’s events will kick off with a Friday evening lecture by Cleveland artist, Christine Mauersberger who will discuss her personal sources of inspiration to make art. For her, the deceptively simple stitch has become a mechanism for constructive exploration. Christine will share actual work examples and images in her presentation.
One and two day workshops are available in the following topics:
- Art to Wear: Luxurious, Laminated Felt – Dena Gershon
- Dyeing for Blue: Indigo with Shibori Techniques – Jennifer Gould
- Eco Printing: Contact Printing with Plants – Kathy Hays
- Introduction to Silk Painting – Erin Miller
- Kumihimo Japanese Braiding – Jeanne Norman Sarna
- Spontaneous Hand-Stitching – Christine Mauersberger
- Tapestry Weaving: Navajo or French Aubusson – Susan Cayton